|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1995 recovered a medieval key, buckles, a coin and a jetton. Also found was a post medieval token.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 88 87|
|Parish:||CROXTON, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
May/June 1995. Metal detecting. General finds in field centre.
Medieval casket key, lozengiform bow, hollow shank, L-shaped ward.
Late medieval double-looped buckle with traces of iron pin; trapezoidal and D-shaped. Latter loop with vertical ribbing, and former with diagonally engraved lines.
Medieval trapezoidal framed buckle, with round bosses on outer corners of frame and projecting pin-rest. Pin looped around narrow pin bar. No plate.
Medieval coin, medieval jetton, post medieval token.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 22 June 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...