|Type of record:||Find Spot|
A fragment of Middle Saxon pottery, a Late Saxon brooch, a Late Saxon strap-end and medieval coins found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 45 10|
|Parish:||MAUTBY, GREAT YARMOUTH, NORFOLK|
June/July 1994. Metal detecting find.
Very worn 9th century lozengiform Viking brooch.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 3 June 1995.
January to February 2000. Stray find.
Middle Saxon Body sherd of fine sandy Ipwich ware.
A. Rogerson (NLA) identified.
K. Hinds (NLA), 3 March 2000.
March 2004. Metal detecting.
3 medieval coins.
Late Saxon strap end.
Post medieval crotal bell.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 6 May 2004.
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- STRAP END (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...