|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coin, medieval to post medieval objects|
Metal detecting between 1994 and 2017 recovered a Roman coin, medieval and post-medieval jettons, and Middle Saxon to medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a Middle/Late Saxon hooked tag and a medieval strap end buckle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 11 24|
|Parish:||REEPHAM, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
|SALLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
June/July 1994.Metal detecting. Sand Pits. .
Medieval strap end buckle with integral plate, shank on reverse and pierced hole for pin. Grooved pin rest. Gilded bronze.
One Roman coin.
One post medieval token.
One medieval or post medieval jetton.
Identified by S.Margeson and J.Davies (NCM).
A.Rogerson (NLA), 3 October 1994.
July 2017. Metal-detecting. .
Middle/Late Saxon hooked tag. This object was submitted as possible Treasure (Ref: 2017 T735).
Site extended to the whole field. Previous extent recorded as Context 1.
Information from PAS import.
E. McDonald, 1 January 2018.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 651 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HOOKED TAG (Middle Saxon to Late Saxon - 700 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...