|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1993, 1994 and 2006 recovered a Roman coin, a medieval coin and a post medieval token. In 1999 a Neolithic flint axehead has also been found close to this location.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 31 36|
|Parish:||MUNDESLEY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1993. Metal detecting on beach.
See list in file. Identified by J.Davies (NCM), 20 December 1993.
W. Milligan (NCM), 24 November 1993.
1994. Metal detecting.
One Roman coin.
See list in file. Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 21 October 1994.
W. Milligan (NCM) 30 November 1994.
1999. Stray Find.
Found on Mundesley beach at approximately :
1 Neolithic polished flint axehead. Very water worn. See sketch (S1).
No description found .
P. Watkins (HES), 5 September 2016.
January/February 2006. Metal detecting.
Post medieval token.
See list with grid reference in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 March 2006.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: [Norwich Castle Museum staff]. 1999. Rough sketch of Neolithic polished flint axehead. Paper. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...