|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Probable medieval deserted settlement|
Aerial photographs show the cropmarks of a series of small rectangular enclosures set against a trackway, probably the site of a deserted medieval settlement. The area is now partly covered by farm buildings.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1576 2081|
|Parish:||HAVERINGLAND, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
15 July 1992. NLA air photography.
Cropmarks of settlement/DMV; small rectangles, trackways etc. within but pre dating former park of hall.
D. Edwards (NLA), 1994.
13 July 1993. NLA air photography.
Photographs show a series of rectangular enclosures set against a trackway.
The area of the site designated on the NHER has since been partly developed by farm buildings.
S. Massey (NLA), 9 February 2001.
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- SITE (Unknown date)
- DESERTED SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SITE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOFT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TRACKWAY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TG 1520 F-J. |
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1993. TG1520/K - M. |
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
Related records - none
Find out more...