|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Medieval hollow way|
Part of a medieval hollow way had been identified at this location. It leads to the churchyard from the south and then skirts the east boundary before possibly joining the roadline, which extends along the north boundary of the churchyard. This hollow way now forms part of a woodland walk open to the public.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1638 3202|
|Parish:||WICKMERE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Approximately 7m hollow way, up to 0.3m deep leading to churchyard from south, then skirting the east boundary, slightly deeper to possibly join the roadline which extends along north boundary of churchyard.
B. Cushion (NLA) March 1993.
Section 17 Management Statement signed.
See copy in office file.
H. Paterson (A&E).
Forms part of woodland walk open to the public.
H. Paterson (A&E) 18 March 2002.
- HOLLOW WAY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1994. TG 1631AD - AF. |
Related records - none
Find out more...