Record Details

NHER Number:29027
Type of record:Building
Name:Cold War Royal Observer Corps post


A Royal Observer Corps post built in 1962 and closed in 1991.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 4591 1129
Map Sheet:TG41SE

Full description

Royal Observer Corps Post 1939 to 1945.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 26 July 1992

(S1) is incorrect, this was built in 1962 closed 1991.
Known as Fleggburgh Post, externally intact.
See (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.

Monument Types

  • ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1962 AD to 1991 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status


Sources and further reading

<S1>Record Card: Ordnance Survey Records / Pastscape. Ordnance Survey.
<S2>Article in Serial: Catford, N.. 1999. ROC Underground Posts in Norfolk.. NIAS Journal. Vol 6, No 4. pp 59ff.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service