|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two hide|
A hide used by auxiliary forces during World War Two was recorded in a copse to the southeast of the parish church in Filby, NHER 8653. The hide has now been backfilled.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 4738 1265|
|Parish:||MAUTBY, GREAT YARMOUTH, NORFOLK|
'In copse half a mile south east of Filby church'.
Hide for Auxiliary Forces, World War Two. See (S1).
E. Rose (NLA) 29 April 1992.
Landowner at Church Farm, , states that this was backfilled several years ago.
E. Rose (NLA), 16 February 2004.
- AUXILIARY HIDE (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Grise, J.. 1992. Fritton Lake in Wartime.. Yarmouth Archaeology. p 14. |
Related records - none
Find out more...