|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1991 recovered several prehistoric flints along with sherds of Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 158 338|
|Parish:||WICKMERE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Early 1991. Found in fieldwalking. Finder's site W13.
Early Saxon, Middle Saxon and medieval sherds.
See lists and plans in file for full details.
Information from member of the public .
Identifications by A. Rogerson (NLA).
E. Rose (NLA) October 1991.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...