|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area in 1991 recovered sherds of Iron Age, Roman, Late Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery. Metal-detecting in 2012 recovered several fragments of undatable metalworking debris.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 166 333|
|Parish:||WICKMERE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Early 1991. Found in fieldwalking. Finder's site W3.
Iron Age, Roman, Late Saxon, medieval and post medieval sherds.
See lists and plans in file for full details.
Information from member of the public .
Identifications by A. Rogerson (NLA).
E. Rose (NLA) October 1991.
March – May 2012. Metal-detecting.
Undatable copper alloy metalworking debris.
See details in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 05 June 2012.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Unknown date)
- POT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...