|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here during 1990 recovered a number of prehistoric flints along with sherds of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 1466 3208|
|Parish:||WICKMERE, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990. Fieldwalking finds (finder's Site M6). Large scatter containing NHERs 13669, 13670.
Roman, medieval, post medieval sherds.
For sketch plans and full details of conditions see file.
Finds held by NCM, formerly by member of the public .
E. Rose (NLA) 21 February 1991
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Article in Serial: Davison, A. 1995. The Field Archaeology of the Mannington and Wolterton Estates. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 160-184. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|13670||Related to: Possible site of Early Saxon cemetery (Monument)|
|13669||Related to: Site of post medieval dovecote and kiln (Monument)|
Find out more...