|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric, Roman and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Fieldwalking in 1989 recovered a prehistoric flint scraper and Roman pottery fragments, while metal detecting in 2003 and 2016 recovered a Roman coin; a post-medieval token and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include medieval buckles, a hooked harness fitting and writing lead and a post medieval buckle and cloth seal.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 16 20|
|Parish:||HAVERINGLAND, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Northeast of Quakers Farm.
24 April 1989. Fieldwalking. .
Roman greyware sherds
Identified by W. F. Milligan (NCM).
W. Milligan NCM), 15 May 1989.
March/April 2003. Metal detecting.
Post medieval token, buckle and cloth seal.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 9 May 2003.
August-October 2016. Metal-detecting. Elden Tours, Field CAW17. .
Medieval buckles, a hooked harness fitting and writing lead.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 15 December 2016.
October 2017. Metal-detecting. Elden Tours, Field CAW17. .
SET102017 - PAS details to follow.
A. Beckham (HES), 20 February 2018.
(S1) - PAS details to follow.
E. McDonald (HES), 9 November 2020.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RAPIER (Middle Bronze Age - 1400 BC to 1250 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Medieval - 1200 AD to 1400 AD)
- SPUR (Medieval - 1200 AD to 1300 AD)
- STYLUS (Medieval - 1200 AD to 1500 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1400 AD to 1500 AD)
- SPEARHEAD (Medieval - 1500 AD to 1150 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CLOTH SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J. 2015. Drawing of a Middle Bronze Age rapier fragment. Find Illustration. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...