|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Fieldwalking and metal detecting between 1988 and 2005 recovered Neolithic flints, a Bronze Age axe fragment and spear fragment, Iron Age pottery fragments and a Roman ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||CRANWICH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
28 February 1988. Fieldwalking and metal detecting.
Two Iron Age sherds.
Roman 3rd century Nar Valley ware with stabbed decoration.
Tiny bronze ring. Roman? Use?
Six flint flakes, three cores and scraper worked on alternate edges.
Identified by J. Wymer (NAU) and A. Gregory (NCM).
W.Milligan (NCM) 8 March 1988.
6 March 1988.
Bronze Age large copper alloy casting jet.
21 November 1991.Metal detecting in peat! About 110m south of Bronze Age hoard area.
Bronze waste, possibly Bronze Age, and fragment of Bronze Age spearhead (S1).
(S1) in file.
W.Milligan (NCM) 22 February 1994.
9 May 2005. Metal detecting.
Socketed axe fragment, (S2).
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 20 June 2005.
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Roman - 4000 BC to 409 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- CORE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SPEAR (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- RING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Jones, C. 1994. Drawing of a Bronze Age copper alloy spearhead fragment. Paper. 1:1. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Ashley, S.. 2008. Drawing of a Bronze Age axe fragment.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...