Record Details

NHER Number:23508
Type of record:Building
Name:Ruby and Fairview Cottages and Ardmore House

Summary

Originally one house dating to about 1600, this building was divided, altered and extended from the 17th to the 20th centuries. It is of brick and flint construction with a pantiled roof.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 6524 0376
Map Sheet:TF60SE
Parish:CRIMPLESHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

March 1987. Listed, Grade II.
House, now subdivided. Core about 1600, refaced about 1700, extended 19th to 20th century. English bond brick, flint returns with red brick dressings. Pantile roof. Two storeys. Originally three cell lobby entrance (door blocked). First floor platband. Axial and internal gable stacks (right hand removed at base for 20th century bay window).
Upper part of this gable has 17th century and later tumbling. Left hand gable 18th century. Interior of Ardmore (to right) has beam with bar stops; central cell has plain chamfers; left hand cell replaced 20th century interior after fire. Original stack, with stairs behind,. Roof replaced.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 29 April 1987.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Designation: English Heritage. 1990-2013. English Heritage Listing Notification. Notification. DNF4882.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342363.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2022 Norfolk Historic Environment Service