|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Metal detecting in 1987 and 2002 recovered a Roman coin, brooch and pottery fragments, together with medieval pottery fragments.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 30 34|
|Parish:||KNAPTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1987. Metal detecting. Two fields north of farm in Trunch Road.
Bronze Colchester derivative, rear hooked brooch, spring, pin and foot missing.
A. Gregory 5 February 1987.
March/April 2002. Metal-detecting.Area extended northeast. t
3 Neolithic worked flints (?scrapers).
1 Roman coin and 2 pottery sherds.
1 medieval pottery sherd.
Flints identified by P. Robins (NCM) and other objects Identified by A. Rogerson (NLA). See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 10 May 2002.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 5 February 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...