Record Details

NHER Number:22891
Type of record:Building
Name:Corner Common Farm


An early 18th century two storey thatched brick and flint farmhouse with later alterations and several blocked windows. Inside are some original wooden beams.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 3149 2815
Map Sheet:TG32NW

Full description

Early 18th century. Brick and flint with thatched roof. Two storeys.
North bay of flint with one 20th century casement each floor and blocked doorway. Two 20th century doors to south and two casements each floor, 19th and 20th century. Gabled roof, gable heads on kneelers with internal gable end stacks, that to south rebuilt 1983. South gable head with several blocked windows and patchy rebuilding.
Interior south room has chamfered bridging beam with rolled jewel stops; beam at cornice with identical stops. Information from (S1). Description of stops seems early for 18th century date, more like 17th.
E. Rose (NAU), 11 September 1986.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service