Record Details

NHER Number:21924
Type of record:Building
Name:Park Farmhouse


Now two dwellings, this is a late medieval house, remodelled and extended in the 17th and late 19th century, with brick obscuring or replacing the original timber framing. Inside, one room has elaborate late medieval beams. Other visible beams are 17th century or later.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 9484 1156
Map Sheet:TF91SW

Full description

May 1985. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description:
Now two dwellings. 15th or 16th century, remodelled in 17th and late 19th. Brick obscuring or replacing timber frame. Tiled roof. Late medieval house extended and converted to lobby entrance plan. Off centre axial stack with two unequal octagonal shafts. Interior has elaborate late medieval roll-moulded beams in one room with crossed bridging joists and drawn-together stops to common joists. Other visible beams 17th century or later. 18th or 19th century wedge tenoned butt-purlin roof.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 11 November 1985.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1342580.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2023 Norfolk Historic Environment Service