|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman tile and multi-period pottery finds|
Fragments of Roman tile, Middle Saxon pottery and medieval and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 372 987|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1983/4. Hales site 160.
Fieldwalking on gravelly soil especially on central mounds, sinking towards marshland on north. Ploughed but surface good. Also inspected twice under well shot cereal.
1 fragment Roman bonding tile.
1 base pimply Ipswich.
5 medieval unglazed including 1 Early medieval jar rim.
6 post medieval - modern.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 12 July 1985.
Details in file.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 160. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...