|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Beaker arrowhead and multi-period pottery finds|
A Beaker barbed and tanged arrowhead and fragments of pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3787 9887|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1984 to 1985. Hales site 152. Fieldwalking light sandy clay, ploughed surface.
1 flint and 1 barbed and tanged arrowhead, large in fresh condition, one barb missing possibly broken in manufacture, could be forgery (J.J. Wymer (NAU)).
1 Roman greyware jar rim.
1 rim pimply Ipswich.
1 medieval unglazed.
16 glazed red earthenware to modern.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 12 July 1985.
Details in file.
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Middle Saxon - 651 AD to 850 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 153. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Hales Survey. Hales Survey fieldwalking notes. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...