|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery|
Prehistoric flints and fragments of late prehistoric, medieval and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3712 9838|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1984 to 1985. Hales site 149. Fieldwalking after sugarbeet removed, surface washed by rain conditions moderately good.
11 worked flints 1 sherd prehistoric flint gritted (NB wrongly called Early Saxon on plan).
7 medieval unglazed.
2 16th century glazed.
2 glazed red earthenware.
1 post medieval stoneware, 2 CFPC.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 12 July 1985.
Details in file.
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 149. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Hales Survey. Hales Survey fieldwalking notes. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...