|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic to Bronze Age flint finds|
Various Neolithic to Bronze Age flint tools were found before 1907, including a polished axehead.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 961 329|
|Parish:||LITTLE SNORING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1907. Jex Farm. Boulder Clay and Sandy Site Type neoliths and polished or igneous, surface industry including polished flint axe. (S1).
R. R. Clarke (NCM).
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- WORKED OBJECT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- WORKED OBJECT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 93 SE 1. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Neolithic. Snoring (Little). |
|<S1>||Article in Serial: Clarke, W. G. 1907. The Distribution of Flint and Bronze Implements in Norfolk. Transactions of the Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society. Vol VIII Pt III (for 1906-1907) pp 393-409. pp 401, 404. |
Related records - none
Find out more...