|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery finds|
Prehistoric flint flakes, a Neolithic flint arrowhead and fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3501 9770|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983/4. Field, formerly two, of barley.
1 ?Medieval unglazed sherd, 3 glazed red earthenware, 1 Westerwald stoneware, 9 worked flints 8 flakes, also bifacial ?unfinished arrowhead, diagnostic Neolithic (J. Wymer (NAU) 1985).
Hales Survey site 120.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 15 May 1984.
(S1) in file.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 120. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...