|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery finds|
Prehistoric flint flakes and fragments of pottery dating from the late prehistoric, medieval and post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3732 9792|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983 to 1984. Hales Survey site 116.
Northwest of Read's Cross.
Good well weathered surface.
Prehistoric flint gritted sherd.
3 worked flints - flakes (J. Wymer (NAU), January 1985).
1 medieval unglazed bowl rim.
4 medieval unglazed sherds.
2 probable Late medieval/Trans sherds.
2 16th century glazed.
9 glazed red earthenware.
1 sherd CFPC.
(S1) in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) 1984.
E. Rose (NAU) 15 May 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 116. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...