|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint and multi-period pottery finds|
A prehistoric flint core and fragments of pottery dating from the Roman, Late Saxon and medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3415 9671|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983 to 1984. Hales Survey site 106.
Field west of Ingloss Manor House forming salient into Mundham parish. Suggests area of cultivation on early times (informant). Ploughed arable.
Flat base sherd, Roman or Thetford type.
Base, medieval unglazed.
(S1) in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) May 1984.
E. Rose (NAU) 15 May 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CORE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 106. Hales. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...