|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery finds|
Prehistoric flints and fragments of pottery dating from the Late Saxon to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 356 961|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983 to 1984.
Hales Survey site 94 and 94a.
Dry cultivated surface with peas removed. Fair conditions. Two fields combined into one.
(S1) in file.
Context 1 - northern field.
4 worked flints (flakes - J. Wymer (NAU) January 1985).
1 Thetford type jar rim.
2 sherds medieval unglazed.
6 glazed red earthenware.
1 post medieval stoneware.
1 18th/19th century glazed.
1 post medieval glass vessel fragment.
2 unidentified oxydised sherds.
Context 2 - former southern field (site 94a).
Pot boilers, 2 worked flints (flakes with crude retouch (J. Wymer (NAU) 1985).
5 medieval unglazed sherds, 1 oxydised sherd probably post medieval, 1 post medieval stoneware.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- VESSEL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 94. Hales. |
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 94a. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...