|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes and a flint blade, fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery post medieval clay pipes and a post medieval roof tile found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 363 976|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983. Field on steep slope south of bypass. Rough ploughed but sufficiently weathered. Hales survey site 77.
No concentration, very much a general scatter.
Some pottery at foot of slope not far from marsh.
1 flint blade and 3 flakes (identified by J. Wymer (NAU) 1985).
16 medieval unglazed.
1 probable medieval sherd.
2 late medieval glazed.
1 white fabric no surviving glaze.
21 glazed red eathenware.
1 post medieval black glaze.
6 post medieval stoneware.
1 flower pot.
1 probable Staffordshire with lost glaze.
1 clay pipe stem and bowl fragment.
1 glazed pantile (compare with NHER 19488).
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1983.
See (S1) in file.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 77. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...