|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery|
Prehistoric flints and fragments of pottery dating from the Iron Age to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3635 9740|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1982. Fieldwalking. Very poor conditions. Rough ploughed field much corn on surface. Rather gravelly soil, upper part of
Early pot in centre.
Early Saxon or Iron Age sherds.
Post medieval sherds.
1983 to 1984.
See list in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) 1983.
E. Rose (NAU) 1983.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 65. Hales. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...