|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of medieval settlement, Stubbs Green|
This is the site of a medieval settlement on the edge of Stubbs Green. Fieldwalking has recovered prehistoric flints and fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 356 970|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
3 October 1982. Fieldwalking. Shelly clay under barley showing.
Post medieval pottery.
See list in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) 1983.
E. Rose (NAU) 28 June 1983.
(S1) records this as Site 64, a medieval settlement on the edge of Stubbs Green.
See (S1) for more details.
S. Spooner (NLA) 23 May 2006
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 64. Hales. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Davison, A.. 1990. The Evolution of Settlement in Three Parishes in South-East Norfolk.. East Anglian Archaeology. Vol 49. p 21. |
Related records - none
Find out more...