|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery sherds and medieval strap end|
Fieldwalking in April 1983 recovered various multi period pottery sherds including a Roman 'dogdish' rim and 16th century glazed bodysherd. Additionally, metal detecting in 1995 retrieved a medieval strap end with engraved leaf decoration.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 27 15|
|Parish:||RACKHEATH, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
8 April 1983. Non systematic fieldwork on arable land; poor conditions.
One worked flint.
One Roman dogdish rim.
One medieval unglazed bodysherd.
One 16th century glazed bodysherd.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU), 23 June 1983.
A. Rogerson (NAU).
October/November 1995. Metal detector find at .
Medieval strap end, crescentric, with engraved leaf decoration with openwork 'terminal'.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 5 April 1996.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Roman - 1000000 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...