|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric, Roman and medieval pottery and lithic scatter|
Fieldwalking in April 1983 recovered a range of pottery sherds dating from the prehistoric to the medieval period, including Roman grey ware fragments. Prehistoric flints were also retrieved.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2717 1491|
|Parish:||RACKHEATH, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
8 April 1983. Non systematic fieldwork on arable land; poor conditions.
Two worked flints.
One prehistoric flint gritted bodysherd.
One Roman greyware rim.
One Roman greyware bodysherd.
Two medieval unglazed bodysherds.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU), 23 June 1983.
A. Rogerson (NAU).
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Roman - 1000000 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...