Record Details

NHER Number:18222
Type of record:Building
Name:Green Farm Barns

Summary

A group of farm buildings in the village centre. At the east side of the group is a 17th century and later brick and flint barn with blocked up pigeon holes. This has a 19th century cartshed attached to its west. To the west of that adjoins a second brick and flint barn with a datestone of 1824. From this last building, two low ranges run southwards to form a courtyard. The farmhouse to the south, now in separate ownership, is early 19th century, but may have origins that date to the time of the earlier barn.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TF 956 322
Map Sheet:TF93SE
Parish:LITTLE SNORING, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Group of barns and farm buildings, 17th century and 1824.
Older barn has blocked pigeon holes. Attached to its west is a 19th century cartshed, which then has a further brick and flint barn attached to the west of that. This last has a datestone of 1824. From this, two low ranges run southwards to form a courtyard.
See report (S1) and photographs (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NAU), 30 June 1982.

Monument Types

  • BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
---Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-[2000]. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1982. Building Report.. Building Report.
<S2>Photograph: CBF 28-35.

Related records

44337Related to: Green Farmhouse (Building)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service