|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint and multi-period pottery|
A prehistoric flint scraper and fragments of pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3632 9663|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Winter 1981 to 1982. Fieldwalking by Hales Survey on Long Harnser field (former wood?).
1 flint scraper.
3 probable, medieval unglazed sherds.
1 circular-sectioned hone.
2 post medieval glazed sherds.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU)14 March 1982.
4 medieval unglazed.
1 Roman? greyware.
2 Roman? oxydised.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1983.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WHETSTONE (Undated)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 45. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
Related records - none
Find out more...