|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, from Fincham Farm lands|
In 1969 a range of prehistoric flint implements were retrieved from a field surface here. Finds comprised axes, a knife, scrapers and an 'agricultural implement' as well as miscellaneous tools.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 828 220|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1969. Surface finds. From Moss Pit Hole or Moss Pightle, Fincham Farm.
Collection not seen because not kept separate and not necessarily all retained.
25 October 1969.
26 October 1969.
Broken axe (10C).
'Poor scrapers' (51I).
2 November 1969.
Miscellaneous tools (80-1J).
1 November 1969.
'Poor scrapers' (55S).
Miscellaneous tools (42-3J), (47J).
'Agricultural implement' (5L).
E. Rose (NAU) 3 February 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...