|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, from Ponder's Farm lands|
During the period 1971-75 a number of prehistoric flint tools were recovered from the surface of the field here. Types identified included scrapers, axes, knives and arrowheads.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 834 194|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1971-75. Surface finds. From Whitepost Breck, Ponder's Farm.
See complete list in file.
Material not seen as not kept separate.
In addition, some of the lists may have been confused with site NHER 16900.
E. Rose (NAU) 6 January 1980.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SPEAR (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...