|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric/Bronze Age flint tools, from Ponder's Farm lands|
During 1970-73 a selection of flint implements were recovered from the field surface here. Along with the Neolithic tools there was a Bronze Age barbed and tanged arrowhead.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 837 198|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1970-73. Surface finds. From, Horse Breck, Ponders Farm.
Collection not seen (not necessarily all retained).
See detailed list in file.
E. Rose (NAU) 6 January 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- HAMMERSTONE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...