|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools, from Ponder's Farm lands|
During 1971-72 a collection of prehistoric flint tools were recovered from the field surface here. Finds included pounders, scrapers, a knife and a broken axehead.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 831 180|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1971-2. Surface finds. From Second Blackhills Field, Ponder's Farm.
Collection not seen because not kept separate.
13 May 1971.
'Miscellaneous tools' (29-32X).
16 April 1972.
22 April 1972.
30 April 1972.
Broken axe (28C).
E. Rose (NAU) 6 January 1981.
NHER 12453 lists other material found elsewhere in same field. Not apparently the same as above.
Not in finder's catalogue.
Some material from this field may be listed under 'Blackhills' in NHER 16907.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- HAMMERSTONE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...