|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and medieval pottery, post medieval metal objects|
Fragments of Roman and medieval pottery have been found during fieldwalking and post medieval metalwork discovered during metal detecting survey include a harness mount or belt mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 37 96|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1980. Field south of Transport Drove. Finds from NARG fieldwalking.
Roman greyware jar rim.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) and A. Gregory (NAU) November 1980.
E. Rose (NAU) 5 December 1980.
23 November 1980. Further finds.
2 Roman greyware jar rims.
1 sherd Roman or medieval.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NAU) April 1981.
Before 26 November 1997. Metal detecting.
Three post medieval metal objects.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 16 March 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
Related records - none
Find out more...