|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Medieval to post medieval settlement|
This was the site of a small medieval settlement on the edge of Hales Green, but the settlement declined from the late medieval period into the post medieval period. Fieldwalking has recovered fragments of medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 372 964|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1980. East edge field, west of Hales Green.
Finds from NARG fieldwalking.
Medieval and post medieval sherds.
See list in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) November 1980.
E. Rose (NAU) 5 December 1980.
(S1) records this as Site 2, a small strip of medieval settlement along the edge of Hales Green. The settlement was in pronounced decline by the early post medieval period.
See (S1) for more details.
S. Spooner (NLA) 19 May 2006
- SETTLEMENT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Collection: Norfolk Historic Environment Record Staff. 1975-. HER Record Notes. Norfolk Historic Environment Service. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Davison, A.. 1990. The Evolution of Settlement in Three Parishes in South-East Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology. Vol 49. p 21. |
Related records - none
Find out more...