Record Details

NHER Number:15500
Type of record:Building
Name:Post medieval smithy


A single storey flint and yellow brick former smithy, now converted to a house.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TL 9763 8076
Map Sheet:TL98SE

Full description

29 November 1979. Visit. Smithy.
Converted to house while retaining form. Single storey, three bay, flint and yellow brick; two Costessey chimneys.
Iron wheelplate (for fitting rims) now set in front lawn.
E. Rose (NAU), 29 November 1979.

Monument Types

  • BLACKSMITHS WORKSHOP (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service