|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes, fragments of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery and post medieval gunflints found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7553 1314|
|Parish:||NARFORD, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
27 March 1979. Strip of field walked to get to ring ditch.
1 gun flint, 4 flakes, Roman greyware rim, colour-coated base.
Coarse medieval? sherd; glazed Grimston sherd; post medieval sherd, stoneware sherd.
See list and maps in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) and F. Healy (NAU).
A. Rogerson (NAU) 5 November 1979.
Part of large scatter NHER 34141.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- GUNFLINT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...