|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint, Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in 1978 to 1979 in advance of the construction of a bypass road recovered a number of prehistoric flints, and pottery sherds from the Roman, medieval and post medieval periods.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 833 095|
|Parish:||SWAFFHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1978-9. Grazing Ground Field, in a restricted area as on map. Found in fieldwalking bypass route.
Seven flint flakes. Two flint scrapers. Two greyware sherds, one possibly Roman. One glazed Grimston sherd. Four post medieval sherds.
Identified by A. Rogerson and A. Gregory (NAU), July 1979.
Compiled by A. Rogerson (NAU), 11 July 1979.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...