|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes and pottery dating from the Iron Age, Roman and the post medieval periods including a complete Iron Age pot, found between 1978 and 1980 on a building site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6800 3701|
|Parish:||HEACHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
5 August 1978. Scatter of material found on building site at south end of Heacham village.
2 worked flint flakes.
1 sherd of Iron Age? pottery with finger nail decoration, might be Roman.
1 sherd Central Gaulish samian ware, 2nd century.
Sherds of Roman coarse ware of late 1st to 2nd century types including 1 sherd of rusticated ware.
1 sherd of 16th to 17th century lead glazed earthenware.
Oyster shells and animal bone fragments.
Identified by A. Gregory (NAU)
To be given to KLM.
A. Gregory (NAU) 20 February 1979.
Late 1979/early 1980. Found in constructing housing estate.
Complete Iron Age pot, undamaged except for chipping on rim, 13cm diameter, 10cm high, everted rim, black, handmade.
R. Trett (KLM) 27 May 1981.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Undated)
- MOLLUSCA REMAINS (Undated)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...