|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Barn north of The Grange|
A long thatched brick and flint barn with an eroded date plaque that seems to read 1714.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3117 3614|
|Parish:||MUNDESLEY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
October 1978. Visit.
Long, thatched barn, flint walls with brick quoins.
West gable has three slits in a window blocked with brick, and an original slit window above.
Much eroded plaque seems to read 1714.
Penthouse cartsheds on north.
Restored some time around 1900.
E. Rose (NAU), 18 October 1978.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Yardley, C. J. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project. p 17. |
Related records - none
Find out more...