|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Barn and stables behind Fox and Hounds public house, Beccles Road|
A 17th century timber framed barn with late 18th or early 19th century brick alterations. Part of the building was converted into a house before being demolished in 1978, and the remaining part of the building was converted into stables during the 19th century. The building has now been restored and converted into a house.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3639 9833|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Timber framed building, one end demolished in 1978, probably a 17th century barn perhaps reusing older timbers. One end converted to a house at later date (now demolished) subsequently the remainder was converted to stables in two periods of 19th century work.
See (S1) in file.
(S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 6 June 1997.
- BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STABLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TIMBER FRAMED BARN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Drawing: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 1999. Two stylish homes from fromer pub. 5 March. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1997. Building Report. Building Report. |
|<S2>||Unpublished Document: NARG. 1978. NARG Survey. |
Related records - none
Find out more...