Record Details

NHER Number:13356
Type of record:Building
Name:The Lodge, formerly Salhouse Old Rectory


This vicarage was built in 1846 with materials from the demolished medieval parish barn at Wroxham. The present building is externally of red brick with three bays and stands two storeys high.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TG 3025 1557
Map Sheet:TG31NW

Full description

Vicarage built in 1846 with materials from demolished parish barn at Wroxham.
Information from NCM Bolingbroke Collection.
See plans (S1) in file.

Present building is externally of red brick, three bays and two storeys, suitable for the date given above but any reused materials must be inside.
E. Rose (NLA) 25 February 2005.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1846 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds

  • ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service