|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of 1 to 3 The Row, Ryston Road|
The site of a 17th century and later house, built with much re-used medieval stone, probably from the abbey (NHER 4396). The house was demolished in 1997 and new houses built on the site. Some of the material from the old building has been incorporated into structures in the grounds of White House Farm (NHER 41156).
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6598 0170|
|Parish:||WEST DEREHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Originally one house. Probably 17th century built with much reused stone and conglomerate presumably from the abbey. Raised in height, then reduced in length, the reused stone being made into a porch resembling a folly. Extensions and alterations in 19th/20th century.
May be demolished in 1997.
E. Rose (NLA), 23 May 1997.
This building has indeed now been demolished and new building is taking place on site.
E. Rose (NLA), 26 September 1997.
Some of the fabric is now built into structures in the grounds of White House Farm (NHER 41156).
E. Rose (NLA), 12 February 2005.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- MILLSTONE (Undated)
- QUERN (Undated)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: HPQ 25-30. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1997. Building Report. Building Report. |
Related records - none
Find out more...