Record Details

NHER Number:12518
Type of record:Monument
Name:Site of World War Two searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement


The site of a searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement, in use between 1939 and 1945. The buildings have now gone, but their foundations can still sometimes be seen as cropmarks.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TF 672 021
Map Sheet:TF60SE

Full description

Site of searchlight and anti-aircraft gun emplacement 1939 to 45.
Foundations and cropmarks still appear according to the farmer.
Seen by E. Rose (NAU), 18 May 1977.
Survey J3-6.

March 1946.
RAF air photograph shows searchlight battery structures still in existence, three adjacent circular enclosures with three more individual ones to east.
Position altered.
B.Cushion (NLA), 8 January 1998.

Monument Types

  • ANTI AIRCRAFT BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
  • BUILDING (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
  • SEARCHLIGHT BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2024 Norfolk Historic Environment Service