|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Park Farmhouse and barn|
The main feature of Park Farm is the 45m long barn, which is dated to 1795. It is of brick and flint and has brick-edged doors and slit windows, with some herringbone brickwork. The original roof timbers are simple tie-beams, but the thatch was replaced by tiles 15 years abo. The farmhouse is of the same period, but has a massive wall inside the rear wing which may indicate some older building. The farm was apparently built soon after Witton Park in order to manage the lands.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 3300 3212|
|Parish:||WITTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Main feature is the barn, dated 1795.
150ft (45m) long, partly of brick and partly flint with brick-edged doors, slit windows etc. Some herringbone brickwork. Original roof timbers (simple tie beams) but thatch replaced by tiles 15 years ago. Farmhouse of same period, with blocked windows in south wall, but a massive wall inside rear wing may indicate some older work. Farm apparently built soon after building of Witton Park to manage the lands.
E. Rose (NAU), 15 September 1976.
- BARN (Post Medieval to Modern - 1795 AD to 2050 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1795 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...