|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of St Mary's Chapel|
A slight earthwork mound in the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church (NHER 10538) marks the site of St Mary's Chapel which was in existence before 1289.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3632 9877|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
In existence pre 1289 (Ordnance Survey).
Slight raised mound in churchyard with tree growing from it.
Vicar claims foundations west of this spot which he calls the original Norman church as distinct from the chapel, but probably all same building.
Visited by E. Rose (NAU) 19 July 1978.
- CHAPEL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TM 39 NE 7. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Record Card: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Loddon. |
Related records - none
Find out more...