|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flint flakes, fragments of Roman pottery and animal bone of unknown date found in 1974.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 368 978|
|Parish:||LODDON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Flint flakes (all very fresh looking) found in brown sandy loam after machining for bypass; probably within some sort of feature.
2 sherds of Roman pot on surface.
A. Rogerson (NLA).
A. Rogerson (NLA) adds (in 1996) that great quantities of animal bone were noted in the peat deposits, but at that time there were no facilities to deal with such things.
E. Rose (NLA) 21 May 1996.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- ANIMAL REMAINS (Unknown date)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...